Toshiba seems to be pushing its green image pretty dang hard at this year's Consumer Electronics Show. Not only are they showing off everything from a battery-powered bicycle to carbon sequestration technology. It's not all what you'd expect at CES...but it is all green.
This battery assisted bicycle (PDF), actually, is pretty freaking cool. It uses Toshiba's new SCiB batteries, which recharge to http://www.asian-americans.com/cialis-buying-online 90% capacity in ten minutes, and can hold enough power to power the bike for 20 to 30 miles. Of course, it's no where near as green as your average bicycle, but it's a heck of best price for cialis a lot greener than your average motorbike. A good compromise, I'd say.
They're also talking about traditional electronics, of course. Toshiba is showing off it's EPEAT Gold laptops including a disassembled (so you can see why it's green, we assume) Portégé.
They're also touting their LCD TVs which, while not as efficient as LGs new concept, will be 100% Energy Star 3.0 compliant.
And, if that's not enough, they're showing off their LED illumination lamps, their recycling system (now available in all 50 states) and their initiative to plant 1.5 million trees.
Full Toshiba press release below.
Toshiba America to Showcase Environmentally-Conscious Technologies at CES 2009
Toshiba to Display an Array of Energy-Efficient, Innovative Technology and cialis 20 mg Discuss Environmental Initiatives at Booth No. 12832
LAS VEGAS--(BUSINESS WIRE)--CES 2009, LVCC Central Hall, Booth # 12832 -- Toshiba America, Inc. today announced that it will showcase its latest eco-conscious electronic products and environmental initiatives during the 2009 International CES in booth 12832 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
“At CES this year, Toshiba will again take the ups delivered tramadol opportunity to demonstrate our commitment to the environment – something we have been dedicated to worldwide for over two decades,” said Craig Hershberg, director of environmental affairs at Toshiba America. “We have been hard at work developing new technologies and eco-conscious products designed to significantly reduce the environmental footprint of both Toshiba and its customers, a key goal of our Environmental Vision 2050 initiative.”
The products and initiatives to buy levitra china be showcased include:
• A disassembled Toshiba Portégé® R600 ultraportable Laptop PC, ranked as one of the most eco-conscious laptop computers sold in the US by the federal Electronic Product Environmental Assessment Tool (EPEAT);
• SCiB™ Battery Assisted Bicycle -- Toshiba’s long-life, rapid charge battery will be on display on a bicycle that is capable of where to buy cialis us going 20 to 30 miles on a single charge, and can recharge to 90 percent in five minutes;
• E-Core LED Downlight – Energy-efficient LED lamp that uses one-seventh the power of a traditional incandescent bulb of equal brightness;
• Toshiba’s energy-efficient LCD HDTVs – All Fall 2008 and 2009 Toshiba TVs meet and will meet, respectively, the EPA’s Energy Star® Version 3.0;
• A display of Toshiba’s group-wide initiative to plant 1.5 million trees worldwide – A limited number of tree saplings donated by Arbor Day Foundation will be given away;
• Three displays explaining Toshiba’s comprehensive national recycling opportunities;
• A display articulating Toshiba’s Environmental Vision 2050 and Factor T environmental product design process. As part of Environmental Vision 2050, Toshiba America companies are striving to reduce their environmental footprints while offering products and services that help businesses and consumers reduce theirs;
• A display of Toshiba products that have attained its Excellent Environmentally Conscious Products (ECP) label. Any product carrying the mark represents the highest level in product value and reduced environmental impact.
For more information regarding Toshiba’s Environmental Vision 2050, visit: http://www.toshiba.com/csrpub/jsp/home/Press.jsp.
Toshiba America, Inc. (TAI) is the holding company for seven Toshiba operating companies in the United States, including more than 6,000 employees. TAI is also responsible for managing the we use it cheap generic levitra india U.S. implementation of Toshiba Corporation’s Environmental Vision 2050, a commitment to environmental management practices that promote harmony with the Earth and contribute to the creation of a richer lifestyle for society. Environmental Vision 2050 includes initiatives to reduce Toshiba’s own environmental footprint while offering products and services that will help businesses and consumers reduce theirs. For more information, please visit:
Toshiba America, Inc. will showcase its latest eco-conscious electronic products and environmental initiatives during the 2009 International CES in booth 12832 in the Central Hall of the Las Vegas Convention Center.
written by laptopbattery, January 10, 2009
|< Prev||Next >|